TORAY Scholarship Program
Annual Scholarships for USM Undergraduates
In furtherance to Toray's corporate philosophy of"Contributing to society through the creation of new value with innovative ideas, technologies and products", TORAY Group (Malaysia) has embarked on yet another educational/human resource initiative to enhance talent development, via a Scholarship program called "TORAY Scholarship Program".
Know the "TORAY Scholarship Program" via "5 Ws & IH".
WHY a Need for TORAY Scholarship Program?
- TORAY Scholarship Program serves two purposes:
- An added CSR initiative to benefit the local community in which Toray operates.
- To develop highly educated and knowledge-based personnel for Toray and Malaysia.
WHAT is the TORAY Scholarship Program?
TORAY Scholarship Program assists eligible Malaysian undergraduates to pursue full-time studies at Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM). The graduates will be offered suitable jobs upon completion of their studies, for them to build long-term careers with the Toray Group.
- The identified groups/courses are as follows:
- Target Students
Students undergoing full-time bachelor’s degree courses at USM.
- Target Disciplines
Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Materials & Mineral Resources Engineering (including Polymer Engineering), Chemical Sciences, Computer Science, or other related fields of study.
- Target Students
WHO are eligible for the TORAY Scholarship Program?
- Must be a Malaysian citizen.
- Good academic results.
- Not bonded, holding any other scholarships, or receiving assistance from any organisation.
- Keen to serve an employment bond with Toray Group (Malaysia) for a specified period upon successful completion of studies.
WHAT does the Scholarship offer?
- RM9,000 for each year of study, until the completion of the course taken. The scholarship shall be paid directly to the university in two installments per year, that is RM4,500 at the beginning of each semester.
- Internship Program
An opportunity for students to do practical training and internship at TORAY Group (Malaysia) during their semester breaks.
- Mentoring and Coaching
Each recipient will be assigned a “mentor” from the Senior Management team during his/her internship. The mentor will provide consistent and continuous mentoring and coaching throughout the programme. This is to ensure that the Toray scholarship holders have the necessary support and are able to leverage on the experience of our management team.
The assessment process is as follows:
- All applications are screened to ensure that the basic eligibility criteria are fulfilled.
- Shortlisted applicants will meet with a panel of interviewers.
- The successful applicants will be notified via email or phone call of the outcome of the interview.
- The successful applicants will be invited to attend a scholarship award ceremony for signing of the Toray Scholarship Agreement.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. During application, kindly ensure that all contact details provided are accurate.
WHEN are the timeline/deadline for TORAY Scholarship Program?
Open for submission: First four (4) weeks of new academic year.
How to apply?
a. Softcopies of the application form can be downloaded below:
click here to download.
b. Completed application forms with all the necessary supporting documents may be submitted as follows:
|By mail to :||TORAY Industries (Malaysia) Sdn. Berhad
Plots 117-119 & 200-202,
Prai Free Industrial Zone 1,
13600 Perai, Penang
For more information and requirements on the TORAY Scholarship Program, kindly refer to the guideline in the Application Form.
For further enquiries, you may also email our HR team at email@example.com or call 04-3854102/4106.